The Cereal Aisle

If you've read a book by Max Lucado or for that matter any other Christian author, you'd notice how they link their every day situations to a point, purpose or message they're trying to get across. Forget authors, most Pastors share their entire life story on the altar. So probably, one of my many resolutions this year is to make a mental memory of my daily out & abouts and wonder, "What would Max Lucado write?"

So here's to my first this year...

I was browsing through the cereal aisle in he supermarket unable to decide if I want oats, bran, cheerios or weetbix! Then the decision led to - which brand of bran? Or which box of weetbix? Should I get Special K? So there I was reading "nutrition facts" on each box, juggling boxes and had the most puzzled look on my face after work. I soon felt 2xpairs of eyes observing me and then one very concerned shop assistant asked me if I need any help. It's now been close to ten minutes and as they were unloading stock I could understand their approach to offer assistance to this cereal confused woman!

And I guess all this deciding comes down to life itself. We have this precious time in our hands - do you waste it making pointless decisions or do you reckon its time well spent making the right choice?

I feel there are two sides to the coin. We all have those epic moments where we need to make spot on decisions like we're all participating in this game show called "LIFE". I wish I had time like I did in the cereal aisle but at times like this we see the sand zooming through the hourglass. And then there are those life altering decisions where we sleep over it, chat to a friend or sometimes ask God and decide. Was it the right choice? I don't know! And then there are those decisions that keep bobbing in and out of your life, you just choose not to do anything about it but it just hangs around. Probably one day it'll knock on your door but for now its just a random thought.

What if you took those thoughts seriously? What if we put them to action? What if we seek guidance?

Getting to my point - how often do you seek God's opinion? Do you call onto him? (Jer 33:3) Or do you ignore the voice that calls out to you? Be it your career, work, relationships, holiday, hobby, family or even scheduling a busy weekend plan...how do you end up deciding? Its easy to forget the one guide who will never let us down. Ask Him! After all, he knows the plans he has for you (Jer 29:11)

We can't foresee what 2016 has in store for us all. But we are given the power to seek the path God wants to lead us on.  At some point or many we are going to get stuck, question marks flashing before our eyes and uncertainty may seem to be our only friend. But that's when we need to seek Him, seek His plans and His will for you.

Who knows, maybe those unsettled thoughts can come to life too!

Ask for help, don't be like me and waste twenty minutes deciding on what cereal to get.
But just so you know, I ended up choosing regular weetbix!

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given to him"
James 1:5

Stay blessed,
Gino :)

Comments

  1. Words of wisdom, excellent. Totally agree. Seek His face always in whatever situation for guidance & direction.

    Keep-up the good work Ginelle, God bless!

    dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts