King of My Heart

Getting away from the hustle and bustle of Melbourne city was just what I needed. A weekend away. Hmm, although no phone reception, roughing it out in the woods, dirty finger nails and knotted hair is not exactly my idea of a relaxing holiday but I was keen on my first camping experience. 

Camping out at Kinglake National Park

The moon shone bright that night. Not clear, but the dancing clouds in the moonlight made the night sky a breathtaking view.  I lay on the cold ground listening to the trees whistle. I didn't need to have my "Goodnight Gino" playlist on spotify, listening to the sounds of nature was more than I could ask for. And as the trees sang me to sleep - I was in awe of Gods creation.

Walking up a 12.5k trail can be tiresome but not when you have great company and pretty surroundings. Don't you think trees are kinda breathtaking? I may gross out  at particular growths of vegetation but the work of art in a tree is mind blowing. Their height speaks majesty and no artist can replicate those shades of green on canvas.

Hiking up the Masons Falls Circuit

You can certainly say I was simply in awe of creation this weekend. I sometimes forget what a mighty God we serve. And you know what? Among all this vast splendor and glory of creation - he made me too. So you've got the stars, the moon, earth, the trees and then me. I'm part of his artistic masterpieces.  Francesca Battistelli sings:

"You’re the King of everything
The One who taught the wind to sing
The Source of the rhythm my heart keeps beating"

The God who makes the wind and trees sing made me. I don't know about you but I need a minute or two to process that... 

What's sad is the wondrous beauty of this world is swallowed up by the pride, greed and hate that's all too familiar. What I learnt and have been reminded of this weekend is no matter where we come from or where God calls us to be; we need to stop, pause, breathe it all in and just be thankful for creation. Praise Him for life and love.

The earth is His.
To God be the Glory. 

PS: I kept singing "King of My Heart" by John Mark & Sarah McMillan while I was out camping because all I could think of was "God is good" and is the "King of My Heart". Have a listen below. 


References:

Comments

  1. Hey Ginelle! This is Kevin. I just randomly stumbled upon your blog through Instagram! As someone who enjoys being outdoors, I Was really inspired by this post. It's beautiful to recognize His Majesty through everything that is around us and to think that all the trees, lakes and beautiful landscapes are an extension of His limitless love for us is such a profound blessing. Glad you enjoyed your first camping experience!! And p.s. King of my Heart is such a great song! I find myself humming it frequently these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kevin!
      Thanks for your kind words.
      I love creation too and I think its important we take that time to appreciate and Praise God for it all!
      Glad the post inspires you, will update this blog more frequently! Hope you have a great day! Stay blessed :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Ginelle! This is Kevin. I just randomly stumbled upon your blog through Instagram! As someone who enjoys being outdoors, I Was really inspired by this post. It's beautiful to recognize His Majesty through everything that is around us and to think that all the trees, lakes and beautiful landscapes are an extension of His limitless love for us is such a profound blessing. Glad you enjoyed your first camping experience!! And p.s. King of my Heart is such a great song! I find myself humming it frequently these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved ur blog post Ginelle. Such a lovely reflection and we are very honoured to be part of your first camping experience ��
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginelle your blog was such a pleasure to read =) You summed it up nicely.
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to read! Love your thoughts as always
    - Rozelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ginelle... so glad to be a part this amazing weekend
    - Esther Fan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts