Whispers of Rain

I always have music playing. All the time. No kidding, whether its while I shower, at work, in the train or even throughout the night while I sleep. There just has to be music. So it was kinda out of the norm one gloomy afternoon as I sat reading my book in silence. The pitter patter of the rain outside was getting louder. Distracted from my book was I, as the sound of the rain started speaking to me.


It was in that moment a hundred words came flowing to me and I was soon drawn to a spontaneous time of prayer and worship. Listening to heaven cry outside opened my ears to hear God speak. As inspiring and beautiful as music can be, so is the tune and voice of God. It's easy for us to get caught up in our daily routines that we shun away what God has to say. But today I was reminded to shut myself away from the world and just listen.


Often people say, God doesn't speak to us the way he spoke to Moses or Abraham. I don't agree. We just need to take the time to listen. He is calling me and calling you. Don't silence those whispers. Turn it up and hear him. It may be through scripture, a chat with a friend, music or even the rain. We just need to listen. Hear him when he knocks at your door.

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me"
Revelation 3:20



Comments

Popular Posts