A Glowing Hope

I ain't a scientist but I always seem to understand what stars are saying to me. T'was a clear New Years Eve night and as I lay on the grass on Brighton beach listening to the crashing waves and joyous sounds of other folk - I got a sense of calm from the stars. 

I pondered over those glimmering and not so glimmering times of 2016. There were lives lost, many famous and much more not famous, friendships & relationships blossomed, wars are still being fought - more lives taken, change in power and people spoke; we sang, we danced, we saw and we lived life as we're supposed to. Good or bad - that was 2016. But today, you and I are still standing on the shore making our way to 2017. Far be it that either of us know what this year holds for us, It could be worse but chances are it could be much better, hey - we hope for the best right!

As I looked above, some stars shone brighter than the rest. Some twinkled, some didn't. That pretty much sums up the year that was 2016. I had those shining moments and then there were those dull not so great times. All in all, the brighter stars shadowed those dull starry moments in my life. So, as the fireworks ended, I caught a quick glimpse of the still clear sky over the beach and watched those same stars - twinkling and some not. It reminded me I have more shining moments and dull moments coming up this year.

But then I thought of the first sunrise at dawn, Away in the distance, I see that glimmer of a brighter shining light. We tend to forget the night sky darkens out this light. And while we walk through darkness depending on star light, there is a light much brighter than it all. This is the hope we have in the ultimate light of Christ. This light is my hope, my faith and my all.



"I have come into this world as a light;
so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness"
John 12:46

As I step into 2017, I know this light is whats going to guide me through it. And I pray that you too seek the light.
With that - I wish you all a glowing 2017.

Love,
Gino

"My heartbeat, my oxygen
My banner, my home
My future, my song
Your HOPE is the anthem of my Soul"
'Hope is the Anthem' by Switchfoot

Comments

  1. Hello Gino. Very encouraging post. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, india. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encourged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ too bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage yoiung and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we woiuld love to have you come to Mumbai with your friends to work with us during your vacation time. I am sure you will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends also wishing you a blessed and a Christ centered rest of the year 2017. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts