My Happy Place

We all have happy places. Maybe its home, or the beach. For me - it's at a concert. The lights, the tension, the crowd, the adrenaline, the atmosphere and most most of all - the music. For those few hours in time - nothing else matters. We're all there for the same reason. Bound together through the powerful force of music. It's our safe haven.

But of course, nothing in this life is all daisies and roses. Wickedness and evil dwell amongst us and stings us hard. Like you, my heart is heavy today. It aches. Those innocent children, families and friends to what was supposed to be a fun night out turns to tragedy of all tragedies. I simply can't come to terms with this. Do we actually live in a world so heartless? Paris, Orlando, Manchester - the list grows. I dare not to ask, where next? When will this end? How did the world turn so dark. When did enjoying music have to cost us our lives? 

Tears roll down my face as I watch more of the news tonight. Maybe its time I switch the tele off and go to the one place my heart does feel safe. The one place no cruel soul can terrorize. My heart turns to you God, as you hold this bleeding world in your hands - I'll say a prayer for those lives lost, those mourning, those injured and those affected by it all. While world leaders, politicians and investigators attempt to combat these evil forces - my heart still rests on you above. 

Come Lord and heal the wounds, heal the nations and heal the broken

You are my hiding place.

love & peace,
Gino xx

"You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance" 
- Psalm 32:7

Comments

Popular Posts